‘Trouser Making with Auburn: Classic Flat Front’
12th November 2018
18:30 – 21:00
Gladstone Court, Havelock Terrace, Battersea.
10 weeks (10 evening sessions)
28th January 2019
(Dates for this course only)
This class offers precise training in every detail of making a ‘Classic Flat Fronted’ pair of bespoke trousers to industry standards, as currently practiced along Savile Row.
Auburn is a highly skilled trouser maker and is currently one of the premier trouser makers in operation at Dege & Skinner. During Auburn’s class you will be shown the core skills, alongside her take on classic technique, in making a Bespoke pair of trousers, including pockets – how many, is up to you!
Reasons to Apply
You may wish to join his class for any of the following reason;
- You are already practicing as a bespoke tailoring apprentice and wish to further your knowledge by adding to your current repertoire.
- You have studied bespoke tailoring prior to this class, and now wish to work with a practising bespoke tailor to hone and fine tune your skills ready for an apprenticeship or otherwise.
- You are already in the business of tailoring but wish to re-train in some areas of coat making.
- You are an experienced garment maker and wish to learn bespoke methods.
- You have been practicing tailoring on your own and feel you are ready to test your method in a classroom environment under some supervision.
(Please be aware these are guidelines only and we will not turn you away if your reasons do not fit these suggested reasons. We urge you to get in touch to discuss any queries you might have over join our classes and send us examples of your work digitally, if you have any, so that we can better guide you to making the right choice for you and your training.)
To benefit fully from this class, we ask that applicants be competent in the following;
- Holding a tailor’s thimble correctly.
- Garment making.
- Following instruction.
- Being patient with your fellow classmates.
- Punctuality (Last but by no means least!)
Class is set over a 10-week period. There will be 10 sessions, taking place on a Monday evening.
What to Expect
As with all our evening classes, where possible, you should prepare yourself for some homework. This is simply the nature of learning a specialised subject in a short space of time. This will help us to teach you and improve what you are able to produce by the end of the course.
Cost of Course
(Pricing is inclusive of all materials, though if you wish to bring your own shears and thimbles you are most welcome to do that).
Your own travel expenses.
How to Book
Click here to send a direct e-mail to Victoria, booking your place.
The London Academy of Bespoke
Potential Changes to the Schedule
As all our tutors are practising Tailors and Cutters there is the possibility of having to adjust the schedule to fit in line with our workloads as professionals. We ask that you remain patient with us, as your training is very important to us and we will aim to prioritise it where humanly possible.
Of course, we are happy to answer any further questions and aim to do so promptly.
How to Get in Touch
The best route is either by e-mail or phone. You may also contact us via social media, but response times may not be as quick.